NSW Non-Delivery of Purchased Bitcoins from Bitxoin

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

NHA

10 June 2014
I contacted the owner via the support email and the coins have now been processed about 24 hours later.

If i had to guess the company is understaffed and not a large or well financed venture - i don't think they are malicious.

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: John R

Jezza90

27 May 2014
Hi NHA.
You are lucky to have contacted the owner.
I have tried many times and they have not had the courtesy to even respond to my email or questions, let alone give me what I have paid for.
I still to this day have not been contacted, or have my money back or the bitcoins deposited into my account.
I am awaiting a court hearing date with NCAT, they have tentatively told me around the beginning of July.
It seems to me I have no way of getting my money back apart from having the Sheriff confiscate their goods or garnish their wages.

Josh

29 June 2014
I transfered $700 on friday and am still waiting. I have emailed a few times with no response and all the phone numbers are disconnected here hoping by Tuesday i have my bitcoins. I transfered at 11am on Friday and emailed that afternoon. A little nervous after reading about this.

John R

14 April 2014
Sydney
Hi @Josh,
Following recent posts, @NHA's order was processed successfully - but there's been no similar update from @Jezza90.

Josh

29 June 2014
As its a weekend ill just give it a bit more time. The site does say they deposit within 4 hours though.

Josh

29 June 2014
Received a reply late last night stating the following:

Dear Customer,
We have suffered a problem either with bank or counterparty exchange and are working to resolve the issue. Delays are ongoing and, at present, are hoped to be resolved by Monday evening. We appreciate your patience with this matter.

Thank you for your business!

Yours truly,

David Collinson
Director

Jordansorb

1 July 2014
Hi Josh,

Did you end up getting your bitcoins? I purchased some yesterday morning and after a few emails have still not heard anything.

Thanks

Josh

29 June 2014
Hi there, i have not received them and have that above email as the only correspondence. I have rung davids mobile which rings out and their business number is disconnected. They have no notification of the said issues on their website. Getbitcoin.com.au my usual go to, told me that the banks have frozen transactions between them and the exchanges. so i can only geuss this is the case for bitxoin as well. I will pesist with emails to try and resolve it.

Jordansorb

1 July 2014
Has anyone had any luck with this matter?

What would be the next course of action if they are not replying to emails and not answering phone calls?