International Travel - Family Court Order

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

adviceneeded

8 June 2014
We have family court orders stating that the father will mirror our orders in xxx where he lives (dated Oct 13). In December, I sent the child (aged 8) to the father in Xxxx with the father's wife's adult children(who resides in Australia). The mirrored orders were not done. Now the father wants to take the child to Aaaa (the father & child) has dual nationality with Australia & Aaaa. The father's wife is coming to collect the child and take him to Aaaa where the father will meet them. The mirror orders are still not done. Can I now refuse to let the child go to Aaaa?

CathL

19 April 2014
Australia

adviceneeded

8 June 2014
The advice I got is that I have to send the child because the orders were made here ...but he is not keeping his end of the bargain

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
The advice I got is that I have to send the child because the orders were made here ...but he is not keeping his end of the bargain
Did this advice you already have come from a lawyer?

CathL

19 April 2014
Australia
If you've already received personalised legal advice, then that is best and your lawyer should give you advice about your options if he doesn't hold up his end of the bargain. My posts are informative in nature.