LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

International Travel - Family Court Order

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by adviceneeded, 8 June 2014.

1. adviceneeded

adviceneeded Member

We have family court orders stating that the father will mirror our orders in xxx where he lives (dated Oct 13). In December, I sent the child (aged 8) to the father in Xxxx with the father's wife's adult children(who resides in Australia). The mirrored orders were not done. Now the father wants to take the child to Aaaa (the father & child) has dual nationality with Australia & Aaaa. The father's wife is coming to collect the child and take him to Aaaa where the father will meet them. The mirror orders are still not done. Can I now refuse to let the child go to Aaaa?

2. CathL

CathL Well-Known Member

3. adviceneeded

adviceneeded Member

The advice I got is that I have to send the child because the orders were made here ...but he is not keeping his end of the bargain

4. Tim W

Tim W Lawyer

Did this advice you already have come from a lawyer?

5. CathL

CathL Well-Known Member

If you've already received personalised legal advice, then that is best and your lawyer should give you advice about your options if he doesn't hold up his end of the bargain. My posts are informative in nature.