NSW Inheritance for 105 year old

Discussion in 'Wills and Estate Planning Law Forum' started by onyx, 17 November 2019.

  1. onyx

    onyx Well-Known Member

    30 November 2014
    Likes Received:
    My uncle left his siblings money about 20 yrs ago. One sibling did not claim his inheritance because he could not be found. The Public Trustees handled it and I tried to find to trace him as well but no luck.
    The public trustee said they had now closed the case and the money was handed over to a government body.
    He would now be about 105 years old if he was alive.
    Is there anyway I can find out where it is now and how to go about applying for the money for the family.
    Thank you, Lois
  2. Adam1user

    Adam1user Well-Known Member

    5 January 2018
    Likes Received:
    I am not a lawyer or have limited knowledge about this, but what I would do is contact Centrelink, the authority for the death certificate issuance authority and have as much as possible information about the person and see where it will lead from there. I think they should have a service for this. I am not sure if the service should cover all Australian states or you need to contact each state separately.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page