NSW How to Remove an Order by Child Support Agency?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Theo Katris

29 August 2015
Can anyone please help?

How can I have one of these orders removed? I had a valid payment arrangement of $50 per week since January last week. I called Child Support Agency and advised them I was leaving in a few days to visit my partner's sick grandmother.

The minute I said this to the Child Support Agency, the lady demanded I pay all or half my debt in full or I will not travel. I told her I did not have the funds to do this and she said she would feel guilty if she did not refer my case to person who makes these orders.

Long story short, on the Friday I was traveling, on Saturday I received a call and was told unless I cleared half or all the debt by 12 midway, I could not travel. I advised again that I had no means of making payment. She did not care. On Saturday I arrived at the airport with my partner. I was stopped at passport control and told an order had been made the previous day and I could not travel can anyone help wit what my option are.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
You must first object to the decision of the CSA through the CSA itself, and failing that, you can appeal through the Administrative Appeals Tribunal. More information here: Objecting to Child Support decisions

I think you'll probably experience a lot of questions. though, like why you can afford to travel abroad for your partner's grandmother, but can't afford to pay back debt owed for the care of your child. Further, CSA may see risk of permanent relocation, making debt collection significantly harder to recover.

Hope this helps!

Theo Katris

29 August 2015
Thanks there is no risk of permanent relocation as both I and my partner have significant ties to Australia I appealed to csa there response was to pay in full or pay half both are not options i will try the AAT

THANKS