Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

VIC Child Support Agency - Claim Back Pay of Child Support?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Melb8992, 29 August 2015.

  1. Melb8992

    Melb8992 Member

    29 August 2015
    Likes Received:
    I had a private agreement with my ex and I've just found out that he's been paying less than Child Support Agency stated. I have only had access to the Child Support Agency letters through MyGov as I wasn't receiving them via mail. I have done the figures and it shows that I received approx $12000 less than what I should have gotten for Child Support.

    This dates back until 1 Jan 2012. Child Support Agency can only get back the previous 3 months difference but said that I could claim the rest by going to court. Is this true? Would I have any chance of getting anything back considering I didn't follow up with statements and just went by what he said (he did receive statements so was informed of the amounts)?
  2. rebeccag

    rebeccag Well-Known Member

    8 April 2014
    Likes Received:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page