QLD Child Support and Child Support Agency Issues with Ex

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

JohnDadof3

22 November 2015
Hi,

I have recently persuaded my ex to move back from Sydney to Brisbane by buying her a car, giving her $4000 on top of the $2000 per month I normally pay her.

We had a private arrangement and she agreed to pay back the $4000 as an advanced child support payment. This was agreed through by text messages and her agreeing to pay back the child support by accepting $500 less per month until her debt was paid. However, because she understands Family Law, she used child support agency as a alibi to steal from me.

She then contacted child support and set up an agency collection. This simply means I pay child support to CSA but they do not take into account any previous arrangements, therefore she is using child support as an alibi to not pay back the agreed child support advanced payment. She knew this before she asked for my advanced payment.

I haven't seen my kids since December, but still have to pay $2000 per month.

I have applied to the Family Law Court for full custody and with the application, at least, she stays here within the state until the case has been decided upon. The case is in late Feb.

I want the law to change to only release child support payments to the responsible parent upon visitation.

At the moment, my wages are being garnished $2000 per month for kids that I don't see or even know where they are. My children are not being cared for they need dental work and my daughter has an eye problem.

My Christmas tree is still up with their presents underneath, waiting for their return.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Wow, she got you good. CSA will accept payments made directly to the other parent only if both parents agree the payments were for child support. So if she doesn't agree then you're screwed. I think you're screwed.

Get to court before she drives away interstate in your car. If you can achieve that then I reckon you put the money you wasted as a small investment rather than having to try to pay for relocation...

JohnDadof3

22 November 2015
Hi sammy01,

The court case is in late Feb, I have that covered. She can't leave the state until the court case.

My recommendation to all men is this, immediately apply for an "Initiating Application Form" from the Family Law court with evidence that ex will likely leave the state.

In this procedure, you are supposed to fill out a "Compulsory Family Dispute Resolution" form but if the ex is a risk to leave you can fill out an interim procedural order form but have good reasons. I had a text message saying she was leaving for Sydney.

This must be completed to the registrars approval so do it right.

You don't need a lawyer, the application cost me $460

This wouldn't happen if the law was changed to only pay the responsible parent upon visitation.