NSW How to Recover My Child under Family Law?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
B

blazing2459

I am married over 7 years, with a 5 year-old son. My wife had an undiagnosed mental health issue. The GP once referred her to a psychiatrist and she went only twice but later on denied to visit that psychiatrist further. She went to her parents' place and came back after 2 months. She was fine for a few days, but then the same issue returned. As a result, I talked to her parents, who advised me to send her back, and if needed, they would take her to the doctor.

Initially, I agreed to let my son to go with my wife for a short period of time, however once she was there, they stopped my communication with my wife and son. They have been living there for the last 12 months and it was a non Hague Convention country. Once the situation had gone really bad, her parents were planning on an involuntary admission, but she somehow found out and flew back to Australia but in different state.

In the meantime, I have filed for an airport watch list, but she got angry and filed for an intervention order with full of lies. The problem is if any doctor just assesses her without knowing any previous history, they wouldn't find anything about her illness.

She is living in a different state and trying to enrol my son into the school. She is looking for a job too, to settle down there.

What are my options under Family Law to bring them back to my own state?

JS79

2 October 2015
Perth
I suggest in your situation to go talk to a family lawyer. They will be able to discuss your issues and be able to draft some recovery orders. See Get Connected with the Right Lawyer for You to be connected to a local family lawyer.

B

blazing2459

Thanks for the reply. I already talked to a couple of lawyers, and it seems I'm getting some contradicting information. One lawyer is saying they went to overseas for 12 months and relocated from there, hence my chances are very low. My wife can't drive, doesn't drive, doesn't work, doesn't have any close relative and friends there. I am fear for how she will support my son.