NSW Family Law - Chances of Relocation Order and ICL Interview?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

abc

19 January 2016
Looks like the other party is seeking funding from legal aid for settlement proceeding. Does Legal Aid provide funding for property issue. If yes and if they file a court case, any idea how long it might take to go the 1st hearing date? I told my lawyer to settle it down outside court but looks like she is not interested.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Legal aid don't tend to fund all the way through to trial and they don't do property. (Kinda sorta) They might do it for mediation but not trial

abc

19 January 2016
Thanks Sammy01 again for your reply.

Do you know how long generally takes to go to the 1st hearing for property issue? I advised my solicitor to finish it off and it's nearly 4 months, he has been trying to get some solution.

The other side doesn't respond a lot. Now all on a sudden they are going to court without even attempting to negotiate.

abc

19 January 2016
Need some urgent opinion please. I have been waiting for 5 months for my solicitor to settle the financial things and he kept saying seeking instructions or other party not responding. Called Legal Aid by myself to initiate Mediation who said solicitor needs to request on my behalf. Is it true?

How should I initiate a mediation by myself. It's not a good time to change the solicitor. Even I asked to give my file back he mentioned he will file an application by this week but still didn't see any progress.