VIC How to find out if ex has taken child to a doctor secretly

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Alert

7 June 2019
Can you please clarify?

Our son is already linked to two medicare cards, his mom's and mine. I am already able to print out all his medicare claims from the card number linked to mine. But if claims are made from his second card number that attached to his mom's, then I can't see those claims at this stage.

Are you saying that I can link son's second medicare card number (attached to his mom's) to my medicare account, so that I can see claims from both cards?
Yes you can try linking your sons other number to your card. You could cancel your card, apply for a new card with your sons number from your x on the new card

Alert

7 June 2019
Yes you can try linking your sons other number to your card. You could cancel your card, apply for a new card with your sons number from your x on the new card
You could ring Medicare and tell them you need your sons Medicare number that is attached to the mother’s card. If they ask why, you could say something like, it’s easier having just the one number for your son.

Muxaul

10 October 2017
Another thing you could do is ring Medicare and tell them you want your sons immunisation records.
Thanks mate. I am not after immunisation history.

I can print out his immunisation history already. But this history does not contain his second medicare number nor any non-immunisation related doctor visit made by his mom.

Alert

7 June 2019

I can print out his immunisation history already. But this history does not contain his second medicare number nor any non-immunisation related doctor visit made by his mom.
I understand you don’t want immunisation results, sometimes you need to anything to anything, you know where I’m coming from ?

Alert

7 June 2019
My 4 yr old told me that he was taken to the doctor the day before by his mom, due to his sore throat. And he was still having a sore throat when he met me. He also told me what the doctor said to him. Due to this detail I reasonably believe that our son was telling the truth.

I hadn't seen our child for a week and I was not aware of this doctor visit before hand. So I emailed ex asking her to provide me some details, diagnosis or care plan if the child was indeed taken to the doctor, so that I can continue to provide consistent level of care when he's with me. Ex denied taking our son to the doctor that day or even aware of son's sore throat. I hope that she was writing the truth, but due to her previous proven pattern of lying, I cannot trust her response. And I do not understand why she wants to hid child's medical condition from me, if the child was indeed taken to a doctor.

I do not know what clinic our son was taken to, if he was taken to see a doctor. However if our son has seen a medical professional and Medicare details was submitted, then there should be a medicare claim submitted by that clinic or doctor.

Is there anyway to find out if he was taken to the doctor, the name of the doctor, and the date of doctor visit, etc? The only info I have is my own medicare card and the date of visit. The challenge is our son is attached to both my medicare card and his mom's. Our medicare card numbers are different and I don't know hers.
Try this:
You could ring Medicare and tell them you need your sons Medicare number that is attached to the mother’s card. If they ask why, you could say something like, it’s easier having just the one number for your son

Alert

7 June 2019

Try this:
You could contact Medicare and ask for your sons number to be linked to your card.

Alert

7 June 2019
I understand you don’t want immunisation results, sometimes you need to anything to anything, you know where I’m coming from ?
You could also take your son to the doctor yourself, a doctor that doesn’t have your details.

Tell them you don’t have the Medicare number.

When your asked for the address give them your x’s address, this address your sons.

When they find the Medicare number, right it down, your sons Medicare number.

Is this making some sense?

Alert

7 June 2019
You could also take your son to the doctor yourself, a doctor that doesn’t have your details.

Tell them you don’t have the Medicare number.

When your asked for the address give them your x’s address, this address your sons.

When they find the Medicare number, right it down, your sons Medicare number.

Is this making some sense?

Muxaul is everything okay ?

Alert

7 June 2019
My 4 yr old told me that he was taken to the doctor the day before by his mom, due to his sore throat. And he was still having a sore throat when he met me. He also told me what the doctor said to him. Due to this detail I reasonably believe that our son was telling the truth.

I hadn't seen our child for a week and I was not aware of this doctor visit before hand. So I emailed ex asking her to provide me some details, diagnosis or care plan if the child was indeed taken to the doctor, so that I can continue to provide consistent level of care when he's with me. Ex denied taking our son to the doctor that day or even aware of son's sore throat. I hope that she was writing the truth, but due to her previous proven pattern of lying, I cannot trust her response. And I do not understand why she wants to hid child's medical condition from me, if the child was indeed taken to a doctor.

I do not know what clinic our son was taken to, if he was taken to see a doctor. However if our son has seen a medical professional and Medicare details was submitted, then there should be a medicare claim submitted by that clinic or doctor.

Is there anyway to find out if he was taken to the doctor, the name of the doctor, and the date of doctor visit, etc? The only info I have is my own medicare card and the date of visit. The challenge is our son is attached to both my medicare card and his mom's. Our medicare card numbers are different and I don't know hers.
Muxaul I find it odd that your son has 2 Medicare numbers even if they are on two Medicare cards.

Muxaul

10 October 2017
Muxaul I find it odd that your son has 2 Medicare numbers even if they are on two Medicare cards.
Hi Albert. Yeah I'm ok. Just being busy. I have a medicare card, and ex has another medicare card with different number. My son is number 2 on my card, and number 2 on ex's card too. Medicare told me previously that it is very common for separated family.