VIC How to find out if ex has taken child to a doctor secretly

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Muxaul

10 October 2017
My 4 yr old told me that he was taken to the doctor the day before by his mom, due to his sore throat. And he was still having a sore throat when he met me. He also told me what the doctor said to him. Due to this detail I reasonably believe that our son was telling the truth.

I hadn't seen our child for a week and I was not aware of this doctor visit before hand. So I emailed ex asking her to provide me some details, diagnosis or care plan if the child was indeed taken to the doctor, so that I can continue to provide consistent level of care when he's with me. Ex denied taking our son to the doctor that day or even aware of son's sore throat. I hope that she was writing the truth, but due to her previous proven pattern of lying, I cannot trust her response. And I do not understand why she wants to hid child's medical condition from me, if the child was indeed taken to a doctor.

I do not know what clinic our son was taken to, if he was taken to see a doctor. However if our son has seen a medical professional and Medicare details was submitted, then there should be a medicare claim submitted by that clinic or doctor.

Is there anyway to find out if he was taken to the doctor, the name of the doctor, and the date of doctor visit, etc? The only info I have is my own medicare card and the date of visit. The challenge is our son is attached to both my medicare card and his mom's. Our medicare card numbers are different and I don't know hers.

Alert

7 June 2019
One way of finding the Medicare number is go to any medical clinic, tell them you can’t find your sons Medicare number, give them the address of your x and your sons name. They can find it ASAP

Alert

7 June 2019
Here in Victoria they can do this. I was looking after my sons x girlfriend, and this is exactly what we did to get her Medicare number. It is worth a try, I’ve seen this with my owns eyes

Alert

7 June 2019
My 4 yr old told me that he was taken to the doctor the day before by his mom, due to his sore throat. And he was still having a sore throat when he met me. He also told me what the doctor said to him. Due to this detail I reasonably believe that our son was telling the truth.

I hadn't seen our child for a week and I was not aware of this doctor visit before hand. So I emailed ex asking her to provide me some details, diagnosis or care plan if the child was indeed taken to the doctor, so that I can continue to provide consistent level of care when he's with me. Ex denied taking our son to the doctor that day or even aware of son's sore throat. I hope that she was writing the truth, but due to her previous proven pattern of lying, I cannot trust her response. And I do not understand why she wants to hid child's medical condition from me, if the child was indeed taken to a doctor.

I do not know what clinic our son was taken to, if he was taken to see a doctor. However if our son has seen a medical professional and Medicare details was submitted, then there should be a medicare claim submitted by that clinic or doctor.

Is there anyway to find out if he was taken to the doctor, the name of the doctor, and the date of doctor visit, etc? The only info I have is my own medicare card and the date of visit. The challenge is our son is attached to both my medicare card and his mom's. Our medicare card numbers are different and I don't know hers.
Let me know if you have success as I believe there is no reason why this can’t be given to you. Good luck

Muxaul

10 October 2017
Here in Victoria they can do this. I was looking after my sons x girlfriend, and this is exactly what we did to get her Medicare number. It is worth a try, I’ve seen this with my owns eyes
Thank you Alert. Once I get my son's medicare number, what can I do next? Contact Medicare?

Alert

7 June 2019
No dramas Muxaul.
when you get the number ask for a print out, nicely? It may show you the clinic?
Try and think of something to ask where they give you the name of the clinic OR you could login to Medicare using your number and link your sons number to your account

Alert

7 June 2019
Thank you Alert. Once I get my son's medicare number, what can I do next? Contact Medicare?
If you contact Medicare they might not give you any details because the card is in the x’s name. You could contact Medicare and ask for your sons number to be linked to your card.

Alert

7 June 2019
You could cancel your Medicare card and get a new Medicare card with your sons number on it

Muxaul

10 October 2017
No dramas Muxaul.
when you get the number ask for a print out, nicely? It may show you the clinic?
Try and think of something to ask where they give you the name of the clinic OR you could login to Medicare using your number and link your sons number to your account
Can you please clarify?

Our son is already linked to two medicare cards, his mom's and mine. I am already able to print out all his medicare claims from the card number linked to mine. But if claims are made from his second card number that attached to his mom's, then I can't see those claims at this stage.

Are you saying that I can link son's second medicare card number (attached to his mom's) to my medicare account, so that I can see claims from both cards?

Alert

7 June 2019
Another thing you could do is ring Medicare and tell them you want your sons immunisation records.