QLD Grounds for Changing Family Court Orders?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jamstan

3 February 2017
We haven't asked for 50/50 because asking for an extra day or even extra hours results in the kids getting the force of her anger, and us getting the usual texts about what a crap dad I am because I don't want to pay extra money to her beyond CSA and because I went to Sydney and so on and so forth. I don't care about the texts but I do care about the kids getting upset. And she knows this of course.

Even when they are at our house she calls, and if they say they are having fun, she cries and say what a bad mum she must be if they like being with us more. So now they have specifically asked us not to ever tell her that the reason we want more time with them because they like to be with us - it has to come from us.

I like the idea of mediation but she will never agree, I'm afraid it will go to court which I would do if I felt we could win. That's why I'm wondering if we should just enjoy our 21 hours a week? Which as I said is more than the agreed 8 hours. Until the kids are older and stronger?

Thanks again for all the help.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Go spend a grand on a solicitor to read over your orders - Find a Lawyer & Book Online Instantly

So if you organise mediation and she doesn't agree to attend - great. If she's never gonna agree then your time won't be wasted by attending but you'll get the certificate to apply to court.

Mate, 21 hours a week is insane... But a solicitor can sit down read your current orders and advise you whether or not you are gonna be able to make it into court... If you are, then once she is served with the court notification she will know you're being serious.

Jamstan

3 February 2017
Ok thank you, that is a very good suggestion. I really appreciate that there are others out there willing to help. Don't want to screw it up this time around. I will be back to keep you posted.

MartyK

4 June 2016
Ok thank you that is very good advice. I really appreciate there are others out there willing to help. Don't wan to screw it up this time around. I will be back to keep you posted.

Good Luck with it Jamstan. Hopefully things will lead to an increase in time between you and the children!