Ex partner is contesting my FVRO making false accusations about me, is this perjury?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Hmm

2 May 2020
He is doing this to try and get the FVRO cancelled so is he committing perjury? My court hearing is this coming week as he summoned the final hearing date to be earlier than expected. He has had 4 breaches of the VRO already and I will submit those as evidence as well I’ve had communications with his ex mother in law that explain his character and that he committed the same violence towards his ex as he did to me. Is this enough to get him charged for perjury?

Poidah

9 November 2017
Qld
Are you able to get the mother in law of his ex to sign a statutory declaration? Or if she could make an official report to the police?

Hmm

2 May 2020
Are you able to get the mother in law of his ex to sign a statutory declaration? Or if she could make an official report to the police?
Thanks. I have asked but she said she doesn’t want to get involved as she would just look like a vindictive ex mother in law. I have a girlfriend who knows everything I went through with him so Ive asked her if she will be a witness at the hearing. Is it possible to summons all of his past VROs up made by other people against him and how would I do that?

Atticus

6 February 2019
Is this enough to get him charged for perjury?
Extremely unlikely in a FVRO hearing, lying is common in both applications & hearings with these orders ...Ultimately up to the magistrate. Won't happen is my guess..
He has had 4 breaches of the VRO already
What were they? Did you report them to police?
I’ve had communications with his ex mother in law
Probably just hear say then... Can't be used

Hmm

2 May 2020
Extremely unlikely in a FVRO hearing, lying is common in both applications & hearings with these orders ...Ultimately up to the magistrate. Won't happen is my guess..

What were they? Did you report them to police?

Probably just hear say then... Can't be used
[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks yes all breaches have been reported. I may have to place a witness summons on her as I have screenshots of all our conversations on messenger.