QLD Would police take action if I complain about a false affidavit?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Illawarrian

29 December 2017
I am in N.S.W. To cut a long dog story short I had two valuable working dogs stolen just before the border between N.S.W. and Qld was closed and I was then unable to travel to Queensland to make a complaint to police and retrieve my dogs. During Covid all I could do was try to find out if my dogs were OK. In 2022 I heard that one of the dogs was no longer with this family. (And by the way they have quite a history of fraud and theft but have managed to stay a step ahead of the law and have not to my knowledge been charged. The Anglican minister in the town where they were living while away from their usual place of residence told me they stole over $3,000 from him. Police told him it's a civil matter which they have also told me regarding my dogs). I have made desperate efforts to try and locate my dog that is missing and set up a Facebook page to try to find him. The dogs are microchipped and registered in my name. The fraudsters were furious that I was trying to find my dog and in 2023 they each made false affidavits and gave them to Queensland police in the small town where they live. It seems to me police took their side and believed them because they grew up in that town and other members of their family are good citizens. Throughout 2023 a policewoman from that small town harassed me many times with phone calls accusing me of stalking the perpetrators which absolutely was not true. Every time she would phone me I would answer and explained to her over and over again that I was looking for my dog, not the perpetrators. I know where they live and they have the other dog with them and I realize there's nothing I can do about it. I was always polite to this policewoman but was absolutely in the dark about where she was getting the idea I was making hundreds of phone calls to the perpetrators and going to their house in the night to look for my dogs. I am over 70 and I am unable to go far from home due to medical conditions. The policewoman kept saying to me "If you don't stop I am going to make a criminal case against you." The perpetrators are in far north Queensland about 2,000 kms from where I am. In December N.S.W. police called me and asked me to go to the police station and answer questions relating to stalking. I contacted my solicitor immediately and I told him as I had done nothing wrong I was going to go to the police station as requested. The solicitor knows what an honest person I am and he had no problem with that. I was interrogated for nearly two hours. It was absolutely awful and made me feel sick. I have been a teacher for more than 50 years and still hold registration. I am a Justice of the Peace. I am very well known in my community. At the end of the interview the officer said he was sorry he had to put me through that, there was absolutely no evidence of stalking, and he was very annoyed to have had his time wasted by Qld police which wasn't the first time. He then handed me the affidavits written by the perpetrators which I felt too shocked to look at until a few weeks ago. I have now gone through these affidavits and they are just full of easily disproven lies. Why did the officer in Queensland take no steps to check if the perpetrators were telling the truth? I made a complaint to the police station in Qld and all I got back was an email stating I had been interviewed by N.S.W. police and no further action was being taken. The perpetrators have used the police to harass and attempt to intimidate me, and to take revenge on me for continuing to look for the missing dog. I think I have enough evidence to sue Queensland police. I can also afford to do so. However, I would be willing to let it go if they would at least investigate the false affidavits and possibly charge these people with perjury. They maliciously made false statements, they made those statements on oath, and they made the statements knowing them to be false, which ticks all the boxes for prosecution. The main gist of my question is this: if I make a written complaint of perjury, addressing each paragraph in their affidavits and providing whatever proof I have and phone numbers of witnesses who can refute what they have said, what are the chances Qld police will do something about it? Also, should I have my solicitor submit the complaint rather than do it myself.