NSW Ex Contacting My Lawyer Only?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

sammy01

27 September 2015
Yep forgot about school holidays. But I think that is even better. You are giving her plenty of notice. I do like the gesture of good will to agree this once. You look like you're trying to compromise. She looks like a bully

Louise too

28 November 2018
Yep forgot about school holidays. But I think that is even better. You are giving her plenty of notice. I do like the gesture of good will to agree this once. You look like you're trying to compromise. She looks like a bully
apologies.. but total twit.. does my head in

Philly2020

27 April 2018
Hey there Sammy01

Yes so true. She will not be home as we know about her games.

I did threaten to keep kids overnight. However, she said she will be on my doorstep at 8:15 pm.
Therefore I told her I will drop the kids off at her house to save kids having a late night and her being twit at my doorstep and possible even later pick up.

I have the car. Enjoy driving it. Until it goes to court.

I’m thinking phoning lawyer tomorrow and tell them not to go down this money sucking communication path?

So you don’t think cause I’m having the kids every weekend the court will tell me to keep up current arrangements until final hearing?

This is the whole point of 'interim' orders, they can chop and change before 'final orders'. Make sure your solicitor is aware of what care arrangements you're after before the next hearing and seek to have interim orders amended accordingly based on recent behaviour. I agree with Sammy01 though, the more time the kids are with you, the more likely you will the time you're after granted, it will be difficult for your solicitor to argue 'my client wants more time with the kids - but only on these days'...

Btw, you are entitled to get a babysitter or have a family member care for the children whilst in your care and you are required to attend work, especially if the mother has left them with you without prior arrangement.

Philly2020

27 April 2018
Thank you for the reply.

That’s what I’m so worried about court says leave as is until the final hearing. So maybe I should fight it.

Few issues:

I can say pick them up at 8:15 Pm. However, she will be a twit and drag it out to very late Sunday.

I can argue and say they stay with me and she will come out and be a twit by throwing things and yelling and screaming in front of kids. Therefore I look even worse in front of kids.

She will not pack kids school uniforms for Monday.

So maybe I phone the lawyer and ask her. $$$$$

Lawyer replies to her with 2pm drop off stay as is or they stay overnight and drop off at 8 am morning?

The argument you put forward in regards to your time with the children needs to focus on presenting it in a way that shows 'the best interests of the children'... now... in your defence, the best interests of the children is NOT

1 - Having inconsistent days and times for changeover. Children need routine.
2 - Being exposed to volatile change-overs between parents. This can be reduced by you collecting children from school and returning to school on the days you are suggesting, removing and face to face contact with the other parent and exposing the children to conflict.
3 - Having a father unable to work due to child commitments. It is reasonable to expect some parents need to work weekends to provide an income for their families.
4 - No 'free time' with the mother. It seems at present the mother has every weekend to herself. Usually a mother is requesting more of 'weekend' time with the children to do fun and social activities, if she disagrees to this, she is only showing herself in a negative light.

If necessary, go to second hand clothing pools and buy the children a set of uniforms. The schools themselves have clothing pools and if you have no luck there you could try the OP-Shops. You'd be surprised how brilliantly napisan works!

Reactions: Louise too