NSW Family court application process

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Louise too

28 November 2018
i need some help with completing application for interim and final orders and understanding what the process is. I hv sect 60i as ex refused mediation.

I hv downloaded application and in process of drafting orders , then I need to complete notice of risk and affidavit , which includes txt msgs of my ex refusing me access to kids , refusing me to talk to kids and refusing to take kids to their sport.

This is all due to my ex admitting kids come home every Sunday to my ex talking about their fun weekend with myself and when my girlfriend visits with her kids and my ex saying she can’t handle it and makes her upset therefore she is encouraging kids to hate girlfriend and is demanding me to see my girlfriend Monday to Wednesday when i do not see kids. She also wants extra money. And consistently changing pick up and drop off times.

So what happens after application is submitted does it go to court and does judge enforce interim orders ? Or do they read her response. ? How does judge determine care for our kids ?
Does judge make us do mediation as we can’t agree on care. ?
As I want to change it from every weekend ( Friday to 2 pm Sunday ) to every 2nd weekend and I pick up kids from school and drop off at school on Monday , so I’m not dropping kids off at their mums toxic negative environment on Sundays.
And still take them to sport through the week.

Can someone please help me understand application and court process.