NSW Employer Denying I Worked for Them - Recourse?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

burntcherub

29 August 2018
Hello,

I was sexually harassed and bullied in the workplace and left in 2017. Since then I haven’t been fit for work, written off by health care providers and I’m eligible for salary continuance insurance. At the moment, I have a mental health plan and along with a pending salary continuance and return to work plan with my superannuation /insurance provider.

The only problem is that the insurance provider needs to ask my former employer when I worked there. The employer says to the insurer I never worked there, refuses to talk to the insurance provider and ignores their requests. I’ve provided my work contract, PAYG summary, payslips and details of the HR consultant and payroll officer but no one will admit that I worked there.

The insurer has referred me to seek independent legal advice. What kind of lawyer do I need to engage with resolve this matter as it’s been about six months since I started this process with the insurance provider? The employer is the only thing stopping my claim and return to work process.

Thanks.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Personal injury lawyer.