denied access of child

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Atticus

6 February 2019
I have contacted a community law group also.
I have a free phone session today and i am going to go to a free turn up session on monday.
Let us know what the outcome is from the Phone session...

You haven't mentioned any existing parenting order or plan, so I assume you have none?

Basically, depression in & of itself is not the kind of reason a child should be withheld from regular contact.... If it were 80% of the countries parents wouldn't be seeing their kids in 2020... I guess there is one of 2 thuings going on
1) Mum has a genuine concern about the 6yo's safety .... You have assured & provided her with the Dr letter she wanted.. Still wants to see a lawyer though. Hmmm... That could just be talk, worry about if you get something
2) For some reason she is wanting to stop or change contact arrangements & this is just an excuse

Either way, you are in good shape as far as asking for & if necessary, getting continued contact as per normal should you have to pursue it legally.... Are you getting on okay with youngest, nothing happened recently?

canplaythegame

28 October 2020
arrangements were from a mediation session a few years back
no court orders
i think there is something going on with an existing personal injury claim with a son of mine and Ex.

I have been asking for updates and she has been saying a lawyer will contact me.
I seen they have a 60k caravan now so i rang lawyer and they said claim has been finalised.
So she has been lying to me to cover something.
I think she is up to something.

Last edited:

Atticus

6 February 2019
See what happens over the next 7 days or so. If she continues to withhold, you will have to start again with mediation & ultimately court... You can DIY for minimal cost to get her before a registrar & explain her actions..... If it gets to that point, she will be looking for the slightest excuse to file a notice of risk. Don't giver her the opportunity to do that or apply for a restraining order, (the next favorite tactic of a crappy parent with an agenda)

canplaythegame

28 October 2020
i asked by message yesterday if the doctors letter was sufficient to let me see my daughter
she replied with " i am seeing a lawyer on Monday"
hopefully that lawyer will tell her to snap out of it

Rosscoe

21 October 2020
I hope you get some answers on Monday. In the mean time perhaps research for an accredited mediator and get in touch with one and start that process if she fails to get back to you on Monday / fails to provide access to you on Monday. I.e. I would have the mediator ready to notify her on Tuesday that you intend to resolve this dispute at mediation and then if that fails you will be provided with a 60i certificate and will have the option to apply for interim and final orders at court. I hope it doesn't have to get to that stage.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Ok, so photocopy the Dr certificate. Scan it / email it. Offer to give her a paper copy. As for her solicitor's name so you can provide him with a copy.

And then write something like this.
Dear x.
You have refused to provide access to XXXXXXXX since VVVVVVVVVV. You asked me for a doctor's certificate. I provided one. You then said you'd speak to your solicitor. Has this happened? Please be advised that if you continue to refuse to facilitate access to tXXXXXX I will apply to court and I will be seeking a cost order against you. I will be relying upon this letter as part of my court application. Can you please confirm that you're going to agree to resume facilitating time with myself nad XXXXXXX.

go on dare ya.

sammy01

27 September 2015
nope go on... Dare ya. Ask for the name of the solicitor so you can make sure the solicitor has permission to contact your doctor and talk about you... But look - right now it is probably best for you to wait until Monday and then send a nice message asking her to confirm that parenting arrangements will resume this week..

canplaythegame

28 October 2020
i asked by message on Tuesday and the response was " i will get a letter from her lawyer"
I have waited and received nothing.
I asked yesterday if i would be getting my daughter this weekend as its my weekend
her response was "no"

Dont know whether to wait for letter or write a letter with the above suggestions.

She has a much bigger bankroll than me to go to court and knows it.

I write emails to my daughter to an account i made her a while back with the intention of giving her access when shes older, hopefully she realises im not the bad person in this and ive done nothing wrong.

Thanks