NSW Family Law - Father Denying Access to One-Year-Old Daughter

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

N Knight

27 December 2015
That is the problem with legal aid. They will always seek to do mediation first. If mediation fails, then they give you funding to go to Court. That would be about 3-5 months down the track by that state - your husband can run an argument well she is settled with me. You are better of filing out an application and affidavit and explain to the court why you would want an urgent recovery order and see what happens.

speck1

24 June 2015
Good luck...same deal for me, normally it's the mother denying access!

How come when a mum withholds the child no one says anything about recovery orders because she is the primary carer, but if the non-primary carer who is male withholds the child, it's "get a recovery order".

This is when no orders are in place, that is.

speck1

24 June 2015
Good luck Ema08. I know how you feel, just saying.

If I take my daughter (no orders) and denied access, it's all recovery order talk. But my ex did it and withheld and it's all "father has to wait and go to court" talk for orders until mum let's the child spend time with him.

Ema08

27 December 2015
Media claims family law is ever so in favour to women and mothers. Blatant lie, thanks to all these new "fathers groups" and #21fathers, etc, it's turning our children's lives into sympathy stunt! Portraying mothers are cruel and want all this money off the government, blah blah blah.

For starters...What money? Barely have enough to rent a house and put milk in my bubba's belly, I work also. My daughter's father clears $1900 a week and I do not get child support, not a cent, ever!! Although the abuse and public slander seem to be free.

I am not attacking you either, just feel gender should be obsolete.

speck1

24 June 2015
All good - how does he not pay child support?

I earn about $800 a week and have to pay $155 a month with one other child.

The whole system is a joke...mediation/courts.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Hey guys, some of the gender bashing here is wrong and off topic.

Ema08, I disagree with you about Father's groups. There are some issues within this system that kind of appear to be gender related. In some respects you're an anomaly - it does tend to be blokes trying to get access to their kids who have been withheld by mum's. The suggestion is the same.

Folks, let's avoid the gender bashing.

I used to pay $500 a fortnight child support while having the kids 30% of the time. These days the kids live 90% with me. How much child support does my ex-wife pay? $0.

It is not because she is a woman that she gets away with not paying child support. It is because she is a welfare cheating tax scammer...

Ema08 - I hope you see your kid soon. I also hope you don't get treated differently to a bloke in the same situation....