WA dashcams for evidence

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

petercl14

17 July 2022
Hi all, I can't stress this enough. If you don't have a dashcam already get one. I have had 2 false RTA charges over the years in W.A. If I had a dashcam I could have proved my innocence. Also useful in a traffic accident to show who was in the wrong.
The first one was a false speeding charge. On the witness stand it didn't bother the RTA officer to perjure himself. I was returning from Perth to Kalgoorlie and near Meredin going in the opposite direction around a corner was a RTA vehicle behind a slow moving truck and behind the RTA a long line of traffic. The officer lied about this because it would have showed he could not use the radar. On the stand he stated that he was trained in judging speed just by observing. I probably did look fast to him because he was going so slow behind the truck.
I don't know if the woman magistrate could not see that his statement about being trained to judge speed was an admission that that is what he did or if she was corrupt and always ruled in favor of the police. Anyway she ruled against me.
In the later incident I did not go to court to fight the charge because I knew from the previous incident that magistrates are corrupt. However had I had a dashcam I would have had visual proof of my innocence in both cases. This would be difficult for a magistrate to deny.
I am sorry that this post is not in the form of a question. I now have a dashcam and strongly advise all you guys and gals to get one.