He also runs another website : Fight Debt Collectors - Beating Debt Collection AgenciesHey guys, I read through all of this. Just copying my reply from https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2765115
I have unfortunately fell victim to his scam last week. I found this out by CBA giving me a call stating that they froze my account because of suspicious activity. I called them back to find out his bank account (in Queensland?) has been flagged. They say there is a a good chance that I'll get my money back (hopefully...)
I don't know how the system works but I hope all this can be traced back to him so that he can face jail time. Preying on the poor and suffering is absolutely vile and wicked.
Please avoid cantpaymydebt entirely.
Is there any follow up regarding this? Have you heard back from Pioneer?15 years old debt... DO NOT PAID - STATUT BARRED DEBT - DO NOT PAID
Don't pay the dude $185 - Educate yourself for FREE
Friend of mine had a alleged $7500 debt with Pionner Credit. BUT WE BELIEVED THE DEBT WAS STATURE BARED FROM THE START
Apparently for a Credit Card sometimes back. He started getting phone call from them to them asking re-payment of the debt and offering payment plan all over the phone of course.
We requested in writting the following:
1. A copy of the relevant and lawful Terms and Conditions;
2. A true and certified copy (NOT photocopy) of the Original Credit Agreement with your organisation;
3. A true and certified copy (NOT photocopy) of any account statements from the date of signature of the alleged contract to this date.
4. Details of how the amount of the alleged debt was calculated.
5. A true and certified copy (NOT photocopy) of the deed of assignment.
Why true and certified copy ? Because those companies has no issue creating document to make you believe.
We also requested that all communication be made by letter addressed to a PO BOX.
My knowledge on this is coming from many many sources.
- A person presenting himself as a "bailiff" but in reality a commercial agent (from his business card) came to my work place and residence looking for this person.
- He ask me 3 times my name and I refused to gave me. He ask me if I was the person he was looking for and I refused to answer.
- I proposed the bailiff a $10000 contract to help him to find this person or to pass on a message to this person.
- Since he refused I ask this person to remove himself from my property - He did as he had no right to remain on the property once his implied right of access or invitation has be revoked.
- I call back him back to know if he was at his office and meet him in the city to served him with a tresspass notice. HE WAS NOT HAPPY
- The next saturday a call from a lady pretexting to be from an other company called. By the time she was talking I reverse the number and find she work with the commercial agent. Ask who contracted them. Told them that I had no contract with them and therefore could not discuss with them but a $10000 contract was on the table. She decline.
- Call the firm that contracted them - a laywer debt collector in sydney - and gave them a rant. This firm told me that they do sometimes contract this company but not for any current case.
- Two weeks after we received a letter from a law firm in Perth. Called the firm and ask about their letter. told them that we had no contract with Pioneer Credit, that we do not want any contract with them, that the debt was statute bared debt, that Pionner Credit did not provide document requested as their obligation and if they want to take the matter to court, we will be happy to apply for a Subpoena in matter to obtain the requested documents.
- At this point the lawyer ask me if I was a laywer and I invite him to pursued the court process so he can found out. That at the end of the day I did not have to provide any information not to answer his question.
- He hang up on me.
- Then Pionner Credit offer to match $ for $ on the debt.... Giving a 50% discount on the original amount. - At this stage we have sent 3 letters already (not registered when they should have)
- They call one more time where I basically call the Pionner Credit a lot little name all the time to the point he hang up on me after telling me that the conversation was recorded.....
- IT HAS BEEN ALMOST A YEAR NOW AND NOTHING. - My friend still have to ask a credit score. We will follow up.
First of All you should read this:
Dealing with debt collectors: your rights & responsibilities
A nice beginning but not really helpful - Pretend you have not read this...
BUT THE REAL DEAL IS HERE.... THIS DEBT COLLECTOR GUIDELINE:
PLEASE READ THIS - I CANNOT STRESS YOU ENOUGH This is What they can do and not do. How they can behave.
What is a stature bared debt ? An old debt. 6 years since LAST payment (each payment is an acknowledgement of the debt) in all states - 3 years in the NT
Statute-barred debts | The Law Handbook
Do you have to pay an old debt ?
Do I have to pay an old debt? - Consumer Action Legal Help
You will find on this page a template to request the proof of the debt - What we have done in our first letter with other words.
ASIC has issue a paper about Stature barred Debt following Collection House Ltd v Taylor  VSC 49
Now in regard of the document you may request for them prove they claim over you... THE FACT THAT YOU OWN THEM MONEY.
It's all in their guidelines... 11. Providing information and documents
If they cannot supply documents
DO NOT PROCEED PAYMENT - DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THE DEBT IN WRITING
Absolutely disgusting. There has to be something done about this to bring down all of his/these websites. Anyone have any progress on finding more about him, where he lives, where he's hiding, etc.?He also runs another website : Fight Debt Collectors - Beating Debt Collection Agencies
Exactly the same design as cantpaymydebt lol
Maybe report him to the Federal police? I'm trying to track him down as wellAbsolutely disgusting. There has to be something done about this to bring down all of his/these websites. Anyone have any progress on finding more about him, where he lives, where he's hiding, etc.?
A bit quiet Mikeypooh - run out of avatars to use Andrew?Like many of you on this thread, I too have my doubts but every now and then I get some communication from Panthera finance that proves otherwise, just recently I received an email saying
“Please be advised we are a private company and therefore do not hold any copies of original Government documentation.
To assist in your investigation I have supplied relevant documentation in relation to the matter for your own perusal.”
I have not personally contacted Pathera Finance in any way since engaging with Andrew. If he was doing nothing and was a fraud why would I bet getting communications like this?
Hi Anna, I have tried to find out how much Lion Finance paid for my debt but I cannot find anything on the web site that you have suggested above. Can you please provide the link. Regards MichaelGood luck, I hope you get your issue sorted. If you check out other Credit Corp posts on here there is a good response from a legal person talking about the documents you can ask Credit Corp to provide. This will show how much they actually purchased the debt for. His name is Rob Legat. Check out the posts
Yes, it is indeed him, I will talk to his bank first and see what they can do to shut down his account , then I will contact the Federal police about his fradulent activities and all the regulating bodies to stop him from scamming more gullible people, then take legal action against him.