WA Credit Corp not releasing documents

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Anna Lou

12 June 2019
Hi all,

A friend of mine has been contacted by Credit Corp regarding a credit card. The card was taken out in her name by her ex husband who now resides overseas. She has disputed the debt and requested documents from them including a deed of assignment but they say this contains sensitive information between them and the original creditor and won’t give her a copy. She has also asked for other certified documents including statements, credit contract but they will only send photocopies.

what are her options?

Debra McCann

24 February 2020
Hi all,

A friend of mine has been contacted by Credit Corp regarding a credit card. The card was taken out in her name by her ex husband who now resides overseas. She has disputed the debt and requested documents from them including a deed of assignment but they say this contains sensitive information between them and the original creditor and won’t give her a copy. She has also asked for other certified documents including statements, credit contract but they will only send photocopies.

what are her options?
Hi anna I have been trying to find out more about Andrew Sellar???

Debra McCann

24 February 2020
nothing but im new to this website and I was googling Andrew sellar and this thread came up with you and some others in discussion about him and I didn't know how to start a thread or comment I think all comments were stopped on that particular discussion but I did see you say he was a scammer so the only way I could talk to you is look your profile up then I saw this thread so im sorry it wasnt related...

Anna Lou

12 June 2019
No worries. He is a complete scammer, he provides no service and just take money from people. I have heard nothing from him in months. Stay well clear.

Debra McCann

24 February 2020
too late we gave him $250 in may 2018 for help with 2 debts, he said we would forward all replies from CCR to us 20 months later not one, we hardly got any updates, if we did its only because I kept asking at one point around Christmas he got annoyed with me asking for updates he said if were not happy pay a solicitor $5000 and get them to sort it , he said he wont reply if he has no info, he would give me updates and say all this stuff so it sounded for real.. the last thing he sent me a couple of days ago after my last email to him and not receiving anything since November was this "
I'll be honest, I've run out of money to pursue this for free.

You paid court costs, but the time and effort to fight legally is making me broke.

If you can spare some funding I'll continue.

As you know am not a charity with zero funding. I've spent all my savings in this crusade" :-O

Nige123

30 April 2020
this guy is a slick operator - actually seems to know his stuff which is the disappointing bit. Sadly I have also fallen victim to his scam - I think it's the first scam I have fallen for ha ha. I should point out that he has another alias - Linda Webb - Linda is the fictitious person behind fightdebtcollectors.com.au ( [email protected] ) - seems like a lot of trouble to go to for a small amount of money but I guess if the volumes are high?