QLD Credit Corp Debt question

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
13 January 2020
Hi,

I owe 2 x debts to Credit Corp. G.E P/Loan - Original debt $13k Credit Corp - $20k. I believe the debts were sold to credit corp back in 2015/16 could even be earlier.

I did sign up with a Debt Management Firm called "Clickthru" then they dissolved and the founder renamed his company to "No Bankruptcy". I had a few debts that they settled for me at more then 50% discount however it came with weekly fees of $110 to settle my debts. Each debt settled incurred a fee of under 10% per debt.Also I had to pay $2500 for an initial deposit to commence services with them. So basically over a course of 2 years or so I have paid over $10k just in fees (not including the deposit and settlement fees per debt) alongside saving money to settle each debt which their were probably 4 or 5 that i had settled.

I had the remaining 2 x debts remaining with Credit Corp and I had a few issues financially maintaining the weekly fee to No Bankruptcy and decided to cease my service with them.

Now I have Credit Corp sending letters of demand for just the Ge P/Loan debt at the moment,with calls. Advising that if I do not remedy the debt that they may proceed with court judgment by the 27th Jan 2020.

My question is, Credit Corp in that whole time that they bought the debt between 2013 - 2016 (unsure of the year) and they have never defaulted me. Now that I am no longer under an agreement with No Bankruptcy to represent me can Credit Corp now default me?

PK6172

11 May 2020
Hi Michelle, do you have an update on whether Credit Corp proceeded with the court judgement? a collection agency can default you as the legal owner of a debt... whilst they do have an expiry date of 5 years after listing a judgement lasts longer then that......

D

Deleted member 34180

Hi! The question really deserves attention, because it is important to know everything about the company before using its services. One day I came across the fact that I wanted to take out a loan and studied a lot of interesting sources that helped me understand the whole world of the credit business. Let's start with the fact that the rating provides many options that are beneficial to the consumer, but it is important to find your options correctly. Do you need to take risks? For example, I made my choice with Mortgage Broker Leicester and did not regret it at all. I think that thanks to them you will be able to choose the best option for yourself.