NSW Court Based FDR

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Ajay65

25 June 2020
Hi, I have a child custody case in family court. We had received the child expert report and some recommendations by the child expert for increase in time for other parent.

We went to mediation and I offered other party what was recommended in the family report. The other parent was asking for increased overnight time than what was recommended in the report with additional holiday time.

The mediation failed with some consent orders for overnight time to start for the other parent. The Judge has now ordered us to go for a court based mediation with a registrar instead of a trial.

Does anyone know how this mediation is different from others and how will the outcome of this mediation be different from the previous one?

Thanks

Ajay65

25 June 2020
Hi, I have a child custody case in family court. We had received the child expert report and some recommendations by the child expert for increase in time for other parent.

We went to mediation and I offered other party what was recommended in the family report. The other parent was asking for increased overnight time than what was recommended in the report with additional holiday time.

The mediation failed with some consent orders for overnight time to start for the other parent. The Judge has now ordered us to go for a court based mediation with a registrar instead of a trial.

Does anyone know how this mediation is different from others and how will the outcome of this mediation be different from the previous one?

Thanks

Court based mediation order pursuant to 13C(1)(b) of the Family Law Act

CSFLW

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
24 September 2018
This mediation would have been before filing proceedings in the Court.

The child expert report would have been provided during court proceedings.

The registrar conducting the court based mediation will consider the findings of expert report and guide the parties to finalise the matter.

Court based mediation is a lot more detailed.