QLD How to Respond to Initiating Application from Ex?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Sandman

15 March 2017
Hi everyone

I am the Respondent to an Initiating Application being brought by my ex-wife. Her application is for parenting orders, both interim and final.

The Response form basically asks "what orders do you want?"

In my case, I don't particularly want any orders. There are some orders that I don't have a problem with. There are others, including child care arrangements that I do disagree with. I want the Family Court to tell my ex-wife that she needs to go through mediation / family dispute resolution ("FDR") first, before litigation. I therefore want to ask the Family Court to dismiss her application and direct us to FDR.

How do I structure/phrase my response? Do I simply say "I object to orders [1, 2, 3, etc]" and "I ask the Court to dismiss the application"?

Thanks in advance

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Okay, so what's the current situation?

I strongly, strongly suggest filing a response that seeks actual interim and final orders, because the Court most definitely is not going to dismiss the application. It will likely order you both to attend mediation as an interim order, but that won't be accompanied by a dismissal of the application.

So, what's the current situation? What triggered the other parent to file for orders?