Civil statement of claim

Discussion in 'Commercial Law Forum' started by Becs, 26 August 2017.

1. Becs

Becs Member

Hi All,
    Bear with me ... please
    I started a business partnership with a lady who provided the initial capital... entered a partnership agreement which states initial capital to be repaid by way of invoice to company on a monthly basis from incone of ** ( company name)
    After 7 months business was running at a loss so she decided she wanted out.
    I signed an agreement to say she was no longer liable for any debts or costs made by the business and that i agreed to repay the capital investment amount by way of profits when financially viable to do so.
    Partnership is now dissolved and business still running at a loss but sge has now decided to sue me personally.

My question
    Can she sue me personally for an investment in to a business that didnt make money fast enough for her so she decides she wants to get out.

#1 Becs, 26 August 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: 26 August 2017
  2. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Hard to say without reading all the correspondence.

She will need to prove you did something wrong and your post does not show anything you did wrong.

Wait till paperwork arrives to see what she is claiming and why.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Becs

Becs Member

Paperwork was recieved she is suing on the grounds that im in breach by not paying her any of capital investment back.

Initial partnership agreement states that the initial capital will be repaid by way of invoice to company on a monthly basis when company financially viable enough to do so....

Company still running at a loss so therefore i dont believe im in breach? An i right

4. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

On the face of it you seem OK. I suspect the other party though has a different version of events.

When you say paperwork has been received, are the papers a letter of demand or a statement of claim sent via the court?

How much money are you talking about?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Sam Rimal

Sam Rimal Active Member

Hi

I did statement of claim including letter from court stating default judgment is extended to 227/2019.
    Amount is 4 k total with interest and all equals to 10k
    What should I do ? Please help
    I don’t have job and CC has been advised but again they did this to me .
    Recently started working as contract basis though ...

6. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

You should start your own thread rather than takeover an old thread.

Your post is not clear. Do you mean a default judgment was entered against you and now you have to pay $10K?

Ask the court how to enter into a payment plan.

7. Sam Rimal

Sam Rimal Active Member

CC tried for this, however terms of judgement are:
    - Dismissal order under rule 12.992) is set aside pursuant to Rule 36.16(2)(b)
    Pursuant to Rule 1.12 the time for the Plaintiff to effect service of statement of claim and to enter Default Judgement is extended to 22/07/2019
    No further extension will be granted

I received this letter last night stating i have 28 days to respond to this .

I guess this help

8. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

What court? And is CC the other party?

9. Sam Rimal

Sam Rimal Active Member

CC IS CREDIT CORP AND COURT

TRUE I SHOULD START ANITHER THREAD