Civil statement of claim

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Becs

26 August 2017
Hi All,
Bear with me ... please
I started a business partnership with a lady who provided the initial capital... entered a partnership agreement which states initial capital to be repaid by way of invoice to company on a monthly basis from incone of ** ( company name)
After 7 months business was running at a loss so she decided she wanted out.
I signed an agreement to say she was no longer liable for any debts or costs made by the business and that i agreed to repay the capital investment amount by way of profits when financially viable to do so.
Partnership is now dissolved and business still running at a loss but sge has now decided to sue me personally.

My question
Can she sue me personally for an investment in to a business that didnt make money fast enough for her so she decides she wants to get out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Hard to say without reading all the correspondence.

She will need to prove you did something wrong and your post does not show anything you did wrong.

Wait till paperwork arrives to see what she is claiming and why.

Becs

26 August 2017
Paperwork was recieved she is suing on the grounds that im in breach by not paying her any of capital investment back.

Initial partnership agreement states that the initial capital will be repaid by way of invoice to company on a monthly basis when company financially viable enough to do so....

Company still running at a loss so therefore i dont believe im in breach? An i right

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
On the face of it you seem OK. I suspect the other party though has a different version of events.

When you say paperwork has been received, are the papers a letter of demand or a statement of claim sent via the court?

How much money are you talking about?

Sam Rimal

3 July 2018
Hi

I did statement of claim including letter from court stating default judgment is extended to 227/2019.
Amount is 4 k total with interest and all equals to 10k
What should I do ? Please help
I don’t have job and CC has been advised but again they did this to me .
Recently started working as contract basis though ...

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
You should start your own thread rather than takeover an old thread.

Your post is not clear. Do you mean a default judgment was entered against you and now you have to pay $10K?

Ask the court how to enter into a payment plan.

Sam Rimal

3 July 2018
CC tried for this, however terms of judgement are:
- Dismissal order under rule 12.992) is set aside pursuant to Rule 36.16(2)(b)
Pursuant to Rule 1.12 the time for the Plaintiff to effect service of statement of claim and to enter Default Judgement is extended to 22/07/2019
No further extension will be granted

I received this letter last night stating i have 28 days to respond to this .

I guess this help

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
What court? And is CC the other party?

A composed explanation of the starting prosecutor called an offended party, in which he/she should express their case: the certainties on which they mean to depend upon and the alleviation they look for, to the respondent and for general society record, for which they look for a common preliminary and legal assurance.

A report that must be documented with the Court and duplicated onto the respondent and in which the offended party must set out the realities which bolster his case, for the most part in numbered passages. the level of detail involves wrangle among attorneys; the more experienced ones appearing to incline toward compactness, with others wanting to completely unveil the actualities to be straightforward thus as to not chance to have the Court later debilitate any affirmations they wish to lead at preliminary on the premise that they were not asserted in the announcement of case.

In Gevaert v. Arbuckle, 1998, detailed at 163 DLR fourth 762, the Ontario Court expressed the motivation behind an announcement of case:

"A wed of Claim must reveal a by and by existing, lawfully perceived case against the Defendant. It must state: 'I, Plaintiff, have a claim against you, Defendant.'"

As the Alberta Rules of Court stipulate at ¶5(1)(r), an announcement of case is the record "by which an offended party initiates his activity" (and the announcement of safeguard, the archive "by which a respondent answers the offended party's announcement of case").

An announcement of claim is the main - or one of the first - ventures in drawing in the equity framework to determine a question by preliminary.

An announcement of claim must be conveyed upon the respondent.

Articulation of cases are basic reports in the preliminary procedure, and at times, the disappointment of charging certain certainties important or important to the help asserted can be lethal or in any event, disillusion somebody you would prefer not to baffle: the preliminary judge.

The response to the announcement of the claim is the respondent's announcement of safeguard.

Classes and Topics:

Continually looking into definitions? Spare time with our pursuit supplier (present-day programs as it were)

In the event that you discover a blunder on the off chance that you have a recommendation for a lawful term, we'd love to get notification from you!
HHS Heat Initiative Continues Fraud Crackdown - Marijuana cannabis business law firm Michigan M