WA Business Partnership Fallout - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Clancy

6 April 2016
I should clarify my above post.... What happened to you for other reasons is exactly the type of thing people do for the reason of hiding assets in property settlements. So the family law court is absolutely gunning for exactly that type of thing

Hoang Trang

22 July 2016
I have been preoccupied with family court once again as ex has crawled out from under the rock she was hiding to make my life difficult. Hence I haven’t had the time or resources to put an end to my partnership woes.

Was just made aware that our ABN trading for 14yrs has now been cancelled without my acknowledgment. Pretty safe to assume his has gone ahead without my consent to try and dissolve the partnership. He is now trading under a new entity. My resources have been stretched as is going back to family court, so seeking legal advice i just can’t afford at the moment.

As mentioned once I get back on track will see a lawyer but as of now I’m in disbelief. Surely from a legal point he can’t do this and there must be some repercussions to his actions?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Some people will do whatever than can, some get away with it, some don't.

Whether he gets away with it will depend no on what you do. And keep in mind the statute of limitations has already started ticking away, and records get lost over time, money 'disappears' and can't be traced.

You may need to fight two battles at once.