NT Child Welfare - Refuse Multiple Checks by Police?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

l.ststh

3 February 2015
My ex likes to harass me now he is using the nt police to assist him by calling in welfare checks on the children. I have had police conduct welfare checks at least once sometimes twice a month for the last 18 months. there is no case with child welfare and there has never been a problem found in any of these checks but I am sick of it can I refuse when they come

Amanda E

9 April 2014
As a first step, have a you made your own complaint to the police and had a chat with them about your ex partner's methods of harassment?

l.ststh

3 February 2015
I have the officer in charge of my local police station has told him he needs to stop doing this but he hasn't. I don't have anything to hide but it is really frustrating. The kids had a sleepover at their grandparents house and copswent there to do welfare check because they were not at home. I have had them call me asking where I am when they came and I had taken the kids to the beach for the day