WA Back dating of Child Support Reconciliations

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

hotdog

5 October 2019
Hi everyone,
I'm not going to bore you with a massive back story. My question is pretty simple, how far back will the CSA do a reconciliation of CS payments on a closed CS account?

Okay.. bit of a back story...
I haven't logged a tax return for quite a few years, not for any other reason then I'm pretty slack with that kinda stuff. was going to do a bulk one this year, but it dawned on me that I was paying CS for a part of that time, my child is now over 18. I was wondering if CSA will suddenly go back over my previous years and hit me up with a bill and a bunch of fines, or will nothing happen because it is a closed account and they don't look at it any more..

Cheers

sammy01

27 September 2015
oops, one more thing... I do think the longer you let this stuff go the worse it is gonna get as far as fees and stuff.
This is worth a read
Recovering child support payments - Australian Government Department of Human Services
so at some point, years from now when you think you can retire kinda comfortably with the help of a govt pension... Guess what? They'll hit you up for $$$ from the old age pension.... I like this bit on the link I sent you "If you're dishonest about your income, we’ll find out. You may have to pay more child support or repay it." Kinda has bit of Dirty Harry about it...
"you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"