VIC Asylum Seeker on Bridging Visa and Form 424A

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Sara777

13 February 2015
Hi
I'm an asylum seeker in Melbourne, Australia. I'm in bridging visa E but my visa has expired. About one month ago I asked the Department of Immigration to have a copy of my information through the Form 424A. They replied that "the information you have provided in the form is not complete so we need more information" and they gave me 14 days. Unfortunately, I forgot to reply in that period

Last week I got another email from them which says because I haven't provided the information they asked in that period they can't accept my request but they gave me another 12 days to make a complaint and tell them the reason why I didn't provide the information in that specific period of time.

Now I don't know what should I reply back so I can get a copy if all my information.

Can anyone help me please?

Melinda Jackson

14 February 2015
Hi
I'm an asylum seeker in Melbourne, Australia.
I'm in bridging visa E but my visa is expired
About one month ago I asked the Department of Immigration to have a copy of my information through the Form 424A.
They replied that the I you have provided in the form is not complete so we need more information and they gave me 14 days.
Unfortunately, I forgot to reply in that period

Last week I got another email from them which says because I haven't provided the information they asked in that period they can't accept my request but they gave me another 12 days to make a complaint and tell them the reason why I didn't provide the information in that specific period of time
Now I don't know what should I reply back so I can get a copy if all my information
Can anyone help me please?

Hello Sara777,

You can make a new request for information using Form 424A at any time.

It is a good idea to provide as much information as possible about what files you are requesting (i.e. "complete copies of my student visa application from 2011, my protection visa application from 2013 including any interview notes" etc) as this will help the Department find your files. Also include a copy of your photo identity document (passport or ImmiCard) with the request.

Hope this helps.

Sara777

13 February 2015
Hi Melinda
Thanks for your response
are you sure that I can just ignore all the emails the've sent to me and start it over with sending a new form
Thanks