WA Bridging Visa A - How will Wife's Delivery Affect Visa Application?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

leolaw1

15 April 2016
I was on 457 visa and I have applied for 187 RSMS nomination through 457 transition stream and it was already approved. On 12th of February 2016, I submitted my visa application along with my wife and 2-year-old daughter, with all the supporting documents and medical has been completed. My 457 visa expired on March 2016 and immigration issued a Bridging visa A to all of us (until 187 is granted we should be in the country and should not depart, if we go out of the country BVA will be cancelled).

My wife is 7 months pregnant and no one here to support her and it is too hard to manage with my daughter, so I am planning to send them to her parent in India so they will take care of them during her rest of the months, especially for the delivery.

My question is what do I need to know before they leave and how will it affect my visa?

1. If the visa is granted before my baby born, how can I add the baby to the visa? Will it cost more and what about the process?

2. If the baby is born before the visa is granted, can I add the baby to our visa application? Will it cost more?

Please help me to sort those issues. Your responses will help make a decision.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Victoria S

9 April 2014
Hi leolaw1,

If your baby is born after you lodge your application (but before it is decided), you must tell the immigration department as soon as possible. You can do that by completing a form 1022 notification of change of circumstances, attaching a certified copy of the birth certificate and mailing it to the office processing your application.

If your child is born in India and either you or your wife is an Australian citizen at the time of the child’s birth, the child might be eligible for Australian citizenship by descent.

If the child is born in Australia, they are automatically granted the same visa you and your partner hold at the time of their birth. If either you or your wife are an Australian citizen or permanent resident at the time of the child’s birth, the child might be an Australian citizen by birth.