Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

WA Bridging Visa A - How will Wife's Delivery Affect Visa Application?

Discussion in 'Immigration Law Forum' started by leolaw1, 15 April 2016.

  1. leolaw1

    leolaw1 Member

    15 April 2016
    Likes Received:
    I was on 457 visa and I have applied for 187 RSMS nomination through 457 transition stream and it was already approved. On 12th of February 2016, I submitted my visa application along with my wife and 2-year-old daughter, with all the supporting documents and medical has been completed. My 457 visa expired on March 2016 and immigration issued a Bridging visa A to all of us (until 187 is granted we should be in the country and should not depart, if we go out of the country BVA will be cancelled).

    My wife is 7 months pregnant and no one here to support her and it is too hard to manage with my daughter, so I am planning to send them to her parent in India so they will take care of them during her rest of the months, especially for the delivery.

    My question is what do I need to know before they leave and how will it affect my visa?

    1. If the visa is granted before my baby born, how can I add the baby to the visa? Will it cost more and what about the process?

    2. If the baby is born before the visa is granted, can I add the baby to our visa application? Will it cost more?

    Please help me to sort those issues. Your responses will help make a decision.

    Thanks in advance.


Share This Page