NSW Advice on suing NSW FaCS (DoCS)

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
24 September 2018
Hi needing to get some info on how to go about suing NSW FaCS? I want to sue them for failing to protect a child that was under 16 years old back from 1999 til 2003. The mother kicked the girl out at the age of 12 and had no choice but to live on the streets and was sleeping in a public park with a man 20 plus years her age, and the mother, police and Facs all knew what was happening and where she was and who she was with. Anyway this young girl got into a relationship with a man who was 38 at the time she was 14 and she fell pregnant by 15 to this man. The police were involved number of times due to domestic violence by the adult male towards the young girl but was never charged with relationship with a minor or underage child, Facs also were involved and knew all about the situation, now the girls mother never cared for the girl she knew he was in a sexual relationship with her daughter and he had gotten her pregnant but still chose not to have the man charged. The man mother called Facs and the local police about it and they wouldnt help stop it she went as far as the Parliament house and still nobody wanted to act on the situation.... Has this woman got any chance of a court case or not?

Allyally

12 December 2020
Hi Rebecca, I just read your post and might be already to late to comment. I have similar situation with you. My advice is keep fighting and showing them your parenting capacity. And the most importantly is get a very good lawyer.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Is "this woman" you?