NSW 2yr od child parenting cases

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

sammy01

27 September 2015
Thanks guys,
any suggestions on how to address the solicitor's letter about refusing two nights a week as per parenting plan? Her argument is it is due to sleep issues?
Please note - since then he has asked on several nights for him to KEEP the kids for additional nights.
I've suggested he ask for the parenting plan to be resumed.. She said NOPE.... So letter to solicitor? until he gets legal aid advice?
any thoughts?

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Mum knows the parenting plan isn't enforceable, so there's not much point putting pressure on her lawyer to get her compliance. I wouldn't waste time on the to-and-fro about the parenting plan, I would just file an initiating application with the Court.

The only subject I would be emailing the solicitor about now is the treating doctor's contact information. I think it's really important that dad participate as much as he can in this diagnosis so it stops being the excuse that she wants it to be.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
... quote equal parental responsibility, and that he is a concerned dad wanting to participate in all medical decisions.