NSW What happens with my visa after I withdrawn my visa?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Uka

30 November 2018
Hi. I applied protection visa onshore many years ago. My case is now in full federal court. I want to withdraw my application and go back to my country. What is going to happen with my visa after I withdraw my application? Does my bridging visa will cancelled straight away and I become illegal? Or does immigration give me 28 days notice to leave this country? Please, help

In the past every time my applications get refused I get 28 days to appeal for next level.
But this time I don’t know what’s going to happen after I request to withdraw courts case? Please, advice. Many thanks

Kon-ming Tsai

16 March 2019
Hi. I applied protection visa onshore many years ago. My case is now in full federal court. I want to withdraw my application and go back to my country. What is going to happen with my visa after I withdraw my application? Does my bridging visa will cancelled straight away and I become illegal? Or does immigration give me 28 days notice to leave this country? Please, help

In the past every time my applications get refused I get 28 days to appeal for next level.
But this time I don’t know what’s going to happen after I request to withdraw courts case? Please, advice. Many thanks

Hi Uka

You will need to notify the FCA by completing certain form that you wish to withdraw your appeal application. The Dept will then be notified and you will have to leave the country or you will become an unlawful non-citizen. If your BV is cancelled, you may apply for a BVE to allow you to depart the country.