NSW Traffic Accident! - Hunter Valley

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

JP_SABO

18 November 2022
I was involved in a head on collision and my Motorhome was written off. The other car came straight into my lane. Police said he was to blame, he has been fined and a Police Report has been written up. My Van is Insured for an agreed value of $66,000, although for me to get an equal replacement would cost me up to $100,000 as prices hav shot up through Covid. I’ve lived full-time in this MH for over 2 years, now I have no accomodation. Can I lodge a claim with HIS Insurance company [assuming he has one] in the hope of getting the more accurate Market Value return… Or should I contemplate getting legal advice for compensation?

Nighthelyn

24 September 2014
Sydney
Dear JP_SABO,

Unfortunately your question is not easy to answer without much more information, including the circumstances of your insurance, why such a large discrepancy in replacement and market value, how long ago was the accident, how definite was the police in the police report, who assessed the write off etc. You need to seek legal advice. Before spending money, you can consider calling free insurance law service Financial Rights – Motor Vehicle Accident they are pretty good and can help you with your options.

Good luck!

-Nighthelyn