Trademarking - classification help

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
1 August 2017
A group of people want to run some wood working events and want to trademark their name. It may involve some skill shares or work shops, but mostly organising/hosting these events with a social focus.

I got as far as the 41 classification, but unsure as to whether it should be classed as "entertainment" or something more specialised.


Well-Known Member
13 September 2016
Class 41 includes: Education; providing of training; entertainment; sporting and cultural activities.

That isn't to mean that you must provide education and entertainment. You can be involved in just one of those.

You should seek independent legal advice and perhaps speak with IP Australia.