QLD TPD Insurance Company's Follow-up Questions - What Does Psychiatrist Mean?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Huzey

15 October 2015
Hi. I'm in the final stages of a TPD Claim and have seen an independent psychiatrist when the claim first started. Recently my TPD insurance company rang the independent psychiatrist with a follow-up question. The following is the question and the psychiatrist's answer:

Is claimant ever likely to be able to perform a role consistent with the list of transferable skills identified in the Vocational Assessment?

"She may be; i.e. it is possible. I don’t know that it is likely."

What does the psychiatrist mean?

Thanks

JS79

2 October 2015
Perth
Basically, it is your superannuation company trying to get out of paying your TPD claim (I am assuming it is for a psychological damage). They are trying to get the psychiatrist to say that it is likely you will be able to go into another role using your skills rather than not be in any work.

The psychiatrist is saying that it is possible that you would be able to go into another position and use your skills that you have, but it is unlikely that you will, which is a good response for you and your TPD claim.