QLD Tax Evasion Report in Australian Companies - Assistance Needed

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

araujo

24 January 2024
Recently, I uncovered an alarming situation involving two companies, "Company X" and "Company Y," that are employing questionable tactics to avoid tax payments in Australia. "Company X" sells products to "Company Y" without any profit margin, and the latter resells these products with a profit to other companies. The issue is that "Company Y" employs methods to ensure it doesn't show a profit at the end of the month, possibly to evade taxes.
As a freelancer (living outside Australia), I worked for these companies and suffered significant losses in commissions, which were based on the final profits of the company. Despite not having a signed contract, I can prove my work and provide details about the witnessed tax evasion practices. I would like to know if these practices are illegal in Australia and if there's anything I can do to recover the lost commissions.
I am seeking guidance and assistance to better understand the situation. If anyone has knowledge of Australian tax laws or suggestions on how to proceed, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance for your attention.