Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

WA Separation - Costs for Putting Caveat on Property in the UK?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Katia Giussani, 4 December 2015.

  1. Katia Giussani

    4 December 2015
    Likes Received:
    I'm separated and want to put a caveat on the property in London, UK. Is there a DIY option for this as money is a constraint currently, or if I go through a lawyer, what is the approx. cost?

    The title is in my husband's name, and we have been married for 15 years. We both currently live in Australia and the house is rented out through an agency.
  2. JS79

    JS79 Well-Known Member

    2 October 2015
    Likes Received:
    Hi Katia,
    There is a way to do it DIY - go to the UK version of Landgate (which is the place in Australia where you could put Caveat's on) and fill out a form.
    However to make sure that is legally correct and cannot be removed - a lawyer should be used. See Get Connected with the Right Lawyer for You to find a local lawyer to help you and let you know the cost of the service you require.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page