NSW Recovery Order

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Atticus

6 February 2019
the comment she made about court was personal, unprofessional and discriminatory
If the comment you are referring to was "this will not look good for you at court ", That's true isn't it ..... certainly going to be more difficult for you to now argue why dad shouldn't have done something fairly stupid when you have then done something equally as stupid just days away from the court appointed date to look at your application.

Ultimately a judge will decide the gravity & necessity of what you did.... My guess is both of your actions will now be frowned upon, but I definitely see a court ordered parenting course for you both, & that's a good thing.

familynfriends

15 April 2020
If the comment you are referring to was "this will not look good for you at court ", That's true isn't it ..... certainly going to be more difficult for you to now argue why dad shouldn't have done something fairly stupid when you have then done something equally as stupid just days away from the court appointed date to look at your application.

Ultimately a judge will decide the gravity & necessity of what you did.... My guess is both of your actions will now be frowned upon, but I definitely see a court ordered parenting course for you both, & that's a good thing.
I believe your wrong sorry and so does my solicitor but I guess we will wait and see and the principal had no right to make such a comment

cinnamon

12 October 2020
no, I am going to continue with court so this is sorted out and there are orders in place....I did not see my girls for 7 weeks he will not see them for 2 weeks and I was advised to do this by my solicitor you may not agree and that's fine but I did everything the right way, even picking them up from school I did not do anything that upset the children or any of the staff and the principle was biased against me from the start as we have found out that she is friends with a member of my ex-partners family the comment she made about court was personal, unprofessional and discriminatory
This would have been a very hard period for you. I am so sorry for this. Just take into consideration that this action might not look favorable to a judge due to you making unilateral decisions.(Same as your ex partner) Suffering the hardest part will in the end play into your favor, but I do know a mother's heart-ache. A judge looks for someone who won't make spontaneous decisions and keep a level head to keep the bigger picture in mind. Your lawyer will always be on your side (you pay them to), so even though your lawyer "agreed" with your attempts, only makes the case harder to fight in court.

Brissyboy

30 November 2020
I believe your wrong sorry and so does my solicitor but I guess we will wait and see and the principal had no right to make such a comment

If you have such a great solicitor, why are you on this forum asking for advice?
Sorry to say, but your solicitor is interested in 1 thing, and thats to drag this thing out aslong as they can to keep the money flowing into the pockets.
And the worst part is, when this will be all said and done, you will be no better off than you were before, except that thousands upon thousands of dollars will have departed your bank account.

Reactions: cinnamon

familynfriends

15 April 2020
If you have such a great solicitor, why are you on this forum asking for advice?
Sorry to say, but your solicitor is interested in 1 thing, and thats to drag this thing out aslong as they can to keep the money flowing into the pockets.
And the worst part is, when this will be all said and done, you will be no better off than you were before, except that thousands upon thousands of dollars will have departed your bank account.
I'm legal aid so no I won't be but thanks for your bad advice maybe ask some question before you assume to know everything

familynfriends

15 April 2020
I thought I should update since I had a few comments on the 23 February just before court my ex-partner decided to negotiate surprise, surprise his solicitor had obviously let him know his chance to get the children back into his care were low and also that he should not bring up the school situation at that point or my recovery of the children he agreed to shared parental responsibility, he has the twins 3 days per fortnight half school holidays and just the usual basic stuff we both have to attend a family report without the twins in may and then back to court on the 8 June at the moment he is still willing to negotiate, and I have agreed for the girls to start kindergarten this year, but they are attending my local primary school now not the one they were first enrolled into I am happy to continue also negotiating as id rather start of the court system if possible now it's wait and see.

cinnamon

12 October 2020
I thought I should update since I had a few comments on the 23 February just before court my ex-partner decided to negotiate surprise, surprise his solicitor had obviously let him know his chance to get the children back into his care were low and also that he should not bring up the school situation at that point or my recovery of the children he agreed to shared parental responsibility, he has the twins 3 days per fortnight half school holidays and just the usual basic stuff we both have to attend a family report without the twins in may and then back to court on the 8 June at the moment he is still willing to negotiate, and I have agreed for the girls to start kindergarten this year, but they are attending my local primary school now not the one they were first enrolled into I am happy to continue also negotiating as id rather start of the court system if possible now it's wait and see.
Thank you for the update. I hope all goes well.

Reactions: familynfriends

Atticus

6 February 2019
I have offered 2 nights a week Wednesday - Friday one week and Friday to Sunday the next
the girls do not start school till 2022 then he will have half school holidays

I thought I should update ...... he has the twins 3 days per fortnight half school holidays and just the usual basic stuff we both have to attend a family report without the twins in may and then back to court on the 8 June ..... I have agreed for the girls to start kindergarten this year, but they are attending my local primary school now not the one they were first enrolled
Good that you could negotiate at the eleventh hour (more often the case then not) & a good outcome .... Orders should give you both some certainty moving forward .... Hope you can both play nice now.. Good luck