NSW Parental orders weekend off

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Louise too

28 November 2018
I’m in the process filing to go to court regarding parental orders
I have Cert 60c as ex wife refused mediation

I currently have my girls (8 and 10) every Thursday evening from School pick up to 8:30 pm and from school pick up every Friday to Sunday evening.

I’m thinking about putting orders for girls to spend at least one weekend a month with their mum, but I still have them Thursday and Friday evenings on her weekend.

My ex works some weekends and usually has weekends off to go away with friends and out for late night parties.
Kids have express views that they like to spend some weekends with mum for girl time
This will also allow me to work on that weekend. As funds are very low due to drop in work hours, leaving work early to pick up girls from school and no weekend work.

I feel very strongly this will be in best interest of the girls to allow time with mum On weekends.

What are everyone’s thoughts and views and what are my chances getting this approved in court ???

Migz

20 November 2016
If you were to write this up as "Consent Orders" and email it through to the ex, what would be the response? I would of thought she would jump at it and sign off on it straight away... You only have to watch what will happen to your Child Support, as your wage increases again.

Louise too

28 November 2018
If you were to write this up as "Consent Orders" and email it through to the ex, what would be the response? I would of thought she would jump at it and sign off on it straight away... You only have to watch what will happen to your Child Support, as your wage increases again.

Yes I’m ok with child support. If I have to pay more.
I’m thinking ex will refuse. Claiming she has to work. But I hv evidence she doesn’t.

At end of day I want to encourage time with their mum while they are still young.

And I need to catch up on funds with work and it is a requirement we need to work at least one weekend. And give me a chance to catch up on things as I can’t with children every weekend.
For example I have missed out on my best mates engagement and another mates birthday as I have the kids every weekend and all long weekends and public holidays.
All though I love time with the girls. I very restricted with what I can do.

Tremaine

5 February 2019
No parenting orders can force a parent to take the kids if they don’t want to. Even if you did get parenting orders for the kids to spend weekend time with mum, the court wouldn’t make contravention orders against her if she refused to take them on her weekends.