NSW Process for child support when DNA test done without court order

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenapela

29 February 2020
If you hadn't of mentioned how unfair it was that the man could not demand an abortion - you wouldn't have had to hear my response.
If you hadn't of mentioned how unfair it was that the man could not demand an abortion - you wouldn't have had to hear my response.
Guess not
No mud slinging sammy ? It was the only reason I posted. Miracle child. Applied for CS 3 days after birth. Refused to have an abortion.
Miracle child - impossible.
Applied for CS - in best interests of child.
Refused to have abortion - her right.
Sorry I asked. You have no idea of the characters involved here. Your welcome to jump off your high horse now.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Jennifer - again u should be commended for the maturity in your approach here... legal forum folks.
This is someone asking for legal advice not the various moral arguments pertaining to conception.

rjm

2 February 2020
sammy if she'd kept it to the legal facts I'd have had nothing to comment on. Fact. :)

rjm

2 February 2020
No idea of the characters involved. Again, that has nothing to do with the legalities of the case.
Moral high ground is a rather nice place to reside, and I love horses.

rjm

2 February 2020
Jennifer sincere apologies for upsetting you. I just don't think taking women's rights back a few hundred years is the best way to fix the problem. It's a crap situation to find yourself in & I can understand the frustration. All the best in dealing with it.

sammy01

27 September 2015
ggrrr... RJM please read the very very first post on this thread. The nice lady came here and outlined the FACTS in the form of a series of questions that she wanted help to understand. You've done nothing the help her understand the FACTS as outlined in those questions.

All you've done is rant on about how many 'MEN' find themselves in this predicament. Guess what? exactly the same amount of men as women find themselves in a predicament where a child is concieved due to an affair. See if you can work out why it is exactly the same amount of men as women.

So when you wrote in your first post that "Many men seem to get themselves in this predicament more than once " How the heck does that help our poster? Is that a FACT? Can you verify it with sources / evidence? something substantial/ NOPE. what part of the questions she asked is this answering? Let me answer - NONE

And only men find themselves in this predicament? Little bit sexist of you? U'm is it a FACT that women also have affairs? and isn't it a fact that could cause her hubby to get an STD? Or is it a fact that only men can transmit disease? See the poster didn't ask you about the facts around stds but you thought you'd tell her anyways. But your facts are wrong.
Have a read of some fun facts.
Mum must pay after secret DNA test reveals truth

Jennifer - that newspaper article is worth you reading. So if dad is paying child support and the DNA test comes back negative there is legal recourse. Have I mentioned this is a law forum...

On that note I'd like to correct two posters statements about. Two posters have said - dad's problem. Not Wife's problem. I disagree. WHY? Well the child impacts of the family's finances. That is a reality that impacts on the wife. It will impact on capacity to borrow money, so that is financial law. Legally (remember law forum) that child is a complication in relation to wills and estates. So hubby now needs to have a think about his will. The child can be excluded from the will, but that will can be contested. So nope wifey has reason to worry. But hubby definately needs to have a chat with a solicitor about a will. Now more so than before.

Next - I like this one. Two posters have said that the wife is entitled to tell hubby that he won't be seeing the child. So women have the right to choose to have an abortion, or not? (I agree - that is a good thing) BUT Women also have the right to tell men that they must not have a relationship with their own children? IS that gender equity? You lot might wanna read the sex discrimination act (again law forum.) Here is a link Sex Discrimination Act 1984 See if you can find the bit that states women are more equal than men? Oh I am funny - That is a bit like two kids arguing over who gets the big half of a mars bar that has been cut in half.

Jennifer - let me repeat myself, you have demonstrated maturity here. You didn't raise the issue of abortion, you didn't raise the issue of women using the system by having kids as a get rich quick scheme. You didn't ask about whether or not a woman is just as capable using protection during sex (they are btw- aah gender equity) BUT they are the answers you've got to your very sensible and mature questions. Those answers don't help you because they dont answer the questions you asked in your first post.

Why don't you get back to us once the DNA test comes back and hopefully you'll get some opinions relating to the laws of this country from some sensible people.

Reactions: Kenapela

Kenapela

29 February 2020
No idea of the characters involved. Again, that has nothing to do with the legalities of the case.
Moral high ground is a rather nice place to reside, and I love horses.
Geez mate you love the last word.Ok your right...will that suffice !

Status
Not open for further replies.