Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW Child Support Application Refused - Statutory Declaration from Landlord as Evidence?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Meiline, 24 November 2015.

  1. Meiline

    Meiline Member

    24 November 2015
    Likes Received:
    Hello, I have applied for child support but it was refused because they can't accept the birth certificate from my country. There is a father's name on my son's birth certificate, and he submitted an acknowledgement of the child in my country.

    We lived together for 6 months before my son was born. Because we lived in a share house, I don't have any bill as a proof. We paid rent by cash to landlord. I also submitted a joint bank account to child support agency too, but we didn't pay any bill from it.

    The father and my son did DNA test, but not a legal DNA test. And my son is an Australian resident by the father.

    I also got a lawyer before applying for a child support to negotiate with the father, but it failed. He refused to admit that we were couple, lived together, refused everything. Child Support Agency suggested for me to get court orders from my country and reapply for child support. It will take 1-2 years to get the court orders because the father resides in Australia.

    Recently, I could contacted the landlord and she said she could write a statutory declaration for me.

    Anyone know if child support agency will accept it as evidence that we lived together?

    Thank you
  2. Therese

    Therese Well-Known Member

    11 October 2015
    Likes Received:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page