NSW Paid Solicitor Fees - Another Disclosure After a Year?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

S_S

2 March 2016
The solicitor I engaged on 26 of March 2015 made me sign a disclosure without giving me a copy on 2 April 2015. He gave me the copy only after his 2 bills on 13 of May 2015. After I got the disclosure, I found that he has backdated. It says Legal Professional Act 1987 and is for another person's property and has nothing to do with me. His has overcharged me, including charges for reading books for hours. I have been asking him to do cost assessment and he hasn't done yet.

Now he is saying that he will issue a new disclosure and new invoice and give to cost assessment.

I would like to know, under Australian Law, if the solicitor can reissue a new disclosure after a year and after paying his solicitor fees when he knew that I have found his disclosure is invalid and his bills are over charged.

Kindly please help.

S_S

2 March 2016
He wrote to OLSC and told them that he will issue a new disclosure and new bill and apply for cost assessment. OLSC closed the case and conveyed his message to me that he will issue new disclosure and new bills and apply for cost assessment.