old assault Christian Brothers

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

joeblog

4 June 2015
Hello
this a long shot but back in 1975 i was seriously assaulted by a christian brother at a catholic boarding school that i was attending...i was nearly knocked out by a king hit from him and I was picked up by the back of my pants and collar and thrown down one storey (approx 8 metres )of concrete stairs injuring my pelvis and neck... all my life i have suffered chronic neck and back pain which i believed contributed solely from being king hit and thrown down the stairs at the time i also had a xray of my legs and the doctor discovered i have an old injury from a chipped pelvis..
i was wondering with everything whats going on with the royal commission into sexual abuse by the church whether they are also considering compensation for children that were physically abused and if the brother is still alive can be charged with assault.. or if i am eligible for any compensation ... this is not an isolated incident as i also had my head slammed against a blackboard by another christian brother in a fit of rage which left a hole in the blackboard and more neck pain... i have witnesses who were present when both these incidents happened.. please any advice would be great THANK YOU

Alert

7 June 2019
Seek solicitors advice