Need a Copy of My Birth Certificate

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Ank-blue

5 July 2014
Hi. I really need help. I don't have a birth certificate. It's not like I lost it, its that I've never had one. My birth mum (who I haven't seen in 12 years) never signed it and when I ask her on Facebook she just won't reply or will say later, I have tried so many different ways and they all keep ending the same way.

I've asked docs for help they are't doing anything and i went into BDM (Births, Deaths and Marriages) with a fair bit of things to say i am who i am , but still nothing i really need help i can't do anything, can't get my L's, job, go to tafe etc it's making my life so difficult is there anyway you can help me do this?

CathL

19 April 2014
Australia
Hi Ank-blue,
The Australia Government DFAT Passports "Birth Certificates" page says:
Q: My birth in Australia was not registered, so how do I get a birth certificate?
A: If you were born in Australia, but your birth was not registered, you should request a late registration of birth.

Which state or territory are you in? Did the Births, Deaths and Marriages office that you went to confirm that your birth was never registered? Or that you were registered, but no copy of your birth certificate was issued?