QLD Must actus reus be fully proved before mens rea established ?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AnthonyC

7 September 2014
There's little to no chance anyone would be able to give any insight without a full accounting of the facts and circumstances posed to the court.

What I have given above is as close to a full account of the entirety of the what was placed before the Court as it is possible to get. There is no more. I would think on the face of it, it would give some kind of indication as to whether there is anything to suspect as to the outcome of this particular Trial, and whether this is usually how things operate. I want to understand the mechanisms behind the proper determination of guilt, and what kind "checks & balances" and fail-safes there are to ensure a fair and just outcome.

Iamthelaw

13 September 2016
There's little to no chance anyone would be able to give any insight without a full accounting of the facts and circumstances posed to the court.
I was going to more or less say this.

I'm having a hard time understanding what it is that actually occurred in your case, notwithstanding the fact I don't know what the offence was.

Reactions: AnthonyC

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Let us also remember that this person
has already been convicted of the offences
which form the basis of his numerous questions.

I suggest that, regardless of his incredulity and resentment
at being convicted of offences about which
no reasonable doubt of his guilt exists,
he does not have, and will not find here,
any additonal straws at which to clutch.

AnthonyC

7 September 2014
Let us also remember that this person
has already been convicted of the offences
which form the basis of his numerous questions.

I suggest that, regardless of his incredulity and resentment
at being convicted of offences about which
no reasonable doubt of his guilt exists,
he does not have, and will not find here,
any additonal straws at which to clutch.

Tim W, you will find all kinds of people on these Forums seeking Justice. These people have many, many different stories to tell, which you (apparently) wouldn't have the imagination to understand. They are looking for Justice because they didn't get it !

Let me make this clear: Your bigoted and prejudicial opinions are not welcome. I'm presuming you are the mastermind behind this Forum ?

"no reasonable doubt of his guilt exists"

You sanctimonious hypocrite. Have you never read an Appeal Judgement in your life? What do you think they're for ??? What kind of (expletive) Lawyer are you?

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
I'm presuming you are the mastermind behind this Forum ?
Your presumption is not correct.
"no reasonable doubt of his guilt exists"
I infer this from the fact that you were found guilty beyond reasonable doubt by a jury (for whom you have already expressed your disdain).
Have you never read an Appeal Judgement in your life?
By unimaginable coincidence, I have.
Did you not appeal at the time?
Did you not separately appeal the sentence?
What kind of (expletive) Lawyer are you?
The kind whose patience with you in now exhausted.

Reactions: Iamthelaw

AnthonyC

7 September 2014
I infer this from the fact that you were found guilty beyond reasonable doubt by a jury (for whom you have already expressed your disdain).By unimaginable coincidence, I have.
Did you not appeal at the time?
Did you not separately appeal the sentence?

I came seeking advice, not further Judgement. How is my asking questions of Law bothering you in any way?

No, really, keep your god-damned prejudice to yourself. You think because of the type of Crime I was accused of / charged with I can't be anything but Guilty? What are you basing that on?

Perhaps the Jury was at least partly made up of bigoted and wilfully blind a...holes like you?

For reasons that have now been fully established I was not afforded the opportunity of an Appeal during the permissible window, nor was I able to receive Legal Advice in relation to obtaining an Appeal. So basically I'm having to do it the hard way. Having been financially destroyed by this, even the costs of Filing Fees etc. are beyond me. And YES, I am a little sensitive about all this.

Thanks so much for your encouragement and compassion !!!