SA Mother Transferring Child to a Different School - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

whoablackbetty

14 June 2016
Thats exactly what I wrote, straight to the point, outlining it clearly why it's not in our daughters best interest.

I figured this is all to see how far they can get whilst I'm unrepresented.

All a game to them!

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Yes, self-representation does come with the added dose of pressure to see how far you'll take it. My husband's ex-wife did the same kind of thing, though possibly more extreme. She seemed preoccupied with proving that I don't know anything about family law, simply because she knew about my legal education and employment in various firms.

When she realised it wasn't going to stop us from going to trial, and that it was going to cost her $20,000 and us nothing, she sought consent orders pretty swiftly.

Hopefully it goes the same way for you.

Reactions: whoablackbetty

sammy01

27 September 2015
I hope you wrote a lengthy response. Solicitors charge by the 100 words, so the more words, the merrier. Make it cost her money. The more it costs, the more likely she will change her tune.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Oh, legal aid... Nope so it wont cost the $30 per hundred words that my solicitors charged. But - storytime. I did mediation with solicitors present. My solicitor was very good and very expensive. Her solicitor was also very good but free. At the end, all good, agreements made, etc. well that is a relief...

Nope - The ex started wanting things changed - reneged on agreements and was being difficult. Legal aid cancelled her funding. Same applicable here. Legal aid has to justify their work, and what she is doing isn't going to help her cause.

Next - My understanding is legal aid won't represent clients in court. Basically they'll get her to the gates, but then she either has to employ a solicitor or self represent. Good.