QLD 50/50 shared care, child not attending school often in mother's care

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

JadeGoldCoast

7 October 2017
Hi Sammy, thanks for your response. My partner has emailed through the orders to help with the transfer of records. The practice manager advised she would be contacting the mother to advise of records transfer and to request that she attend the ordered practice, however, she advised the GP cannot decline the mother if she books another appointment.

sammy01

27 September 2015
yeah I kinda guessed that. But you're applying pressure as best you can and that is the best you can do, without running her over in a bus.

JadeGoldCoast

7 October 2017
Gotcha. Fingers crossed the mother wont bother going to any new practices now she knows the regular GP can request the transfer of records without the mother's permission. Thanks again for your advice!

JadeGoldCoast

7 October 2017
Hi guys, me again sorry. Mother is currently requesting that my partner provide her with his negative covid test (from 2 weeks ago mind when the child was with us last). She requested to know whether the test was positive or negative this morning, my partner advised it was negative. She now wants evidence. To me it is obvious that his test is negative as if it was positive it would be all over the news etc. Does he have to release his records to her? He doesn't think this seems reasonable at all. She has messaged to say she will keeping the child in her care until she has received evidence from my partner.

Step2Three

21 December 2018
Hi guys, me again sorry. Mother is currently requesting that my partner provide her with his negative covid test (from 2 weeks ago mind when the child was with us last). She requested to know whether the test was positive or negative this morning, my partner advised it was negative. She now wants evidence. To me it is obvious that his test is negative as if it was positive it would be all over the news etc. Does he have to release his records to her? He doesn't think this seems reasonable at all. She has messaged to say she will keeping the child in her care until she has received evidence from my partner.
Its not reasonable, but surely you and your partner know better than to expect that LOL. I doubt he HAS to release his records but if it were me, I'd probably screenshot the negative test with as few details as possible (a name, a date and a result) and send it on to have one less argument in my life.

JadeGoldCoast

7 October 2017
Hi Step2Three, thanks for your response! We've just found out the mother has gone to the school and signed the child out. If we were not to supply for the covid test, could my partner apply for a recovery order on Monday and hope we can get into court sooner? Currently the mother is ignoring her orders and asking my partner to jump through unnecessary hoops, it seems ridiculous.

JadeGoldCoast

7 October 2017
My partner has decided to provide his records because he doesn't want the stress. It's so frustrating that even with court orders the mother is always trying to play a game. I guess we just need to accept it will always be like this, that orders cannot prevent an unreasonable person from being unreasonable.

Step2Three

21 December 2018
Hi Step2Three, thanks for your response! We've just found out the mother has gone to the school and signed the child out. If we were not to supply for the covid test, could my partner apply for a recovery order on Monday and hope we can get into court sooner? Currently the mother is ignoring her orders and asking my partner to jump through unnecessary hoops, it seems ridiculous.
(please note: just an internet random, not legally-qualified opinion).
I would think if you were asking for a recovery order/contravention over this, the court might think this situation could easily be avoided if you'd just sent results and it could reflect poorly on you.
Clearly, the other parent has a myriad of issues and it would seem not working towards the best interests of the child, but unfortunately that leaves it to you and your partner to smooth out what bumps you can, even though it feels awful to let this terrible behavior stand (this one I know from bitter personal experience). I understand wanting to maintain boundaries and the risk that this isn't just a one time thing if you agree but if the child's best interest here is for them to be with you this afternoon, then I'd do what is needed to make that happen.
If you do share it and she still withholds then she's just digging a bigger hole for herself come court time.

JadeGoldCoast

7 October 2017
Thank you for your advice, we came to the same decision. Judge would not want to see us there if we could have prevented this with a simple message.

Mother had advised she will drop the child off the train station at 5pm due to school traffic (it's currently 3.15pm QLD time). My partner is currently waiting at the train station as orders state the child comes into his care from 3pm. Clearly mind games, but I'm guessing there's just nothing we can do about this behaviour? Other than keep a detailed log for if (or when) we return to court?

sammy01

27 September 2015
google parallell parenting.
I can't remember if you guys are at interim orders or have final orders. IF FINAL then I reckon you look into pareallell parenting. Just seems to me that she is gonna run rings around you guys if you fight everything. The kid goes to school when with you?
You will be in and out of court for years and all the while she will be keeping the kid home, going to different doctors and generally causing you stress. I HATE MY ADVICE SOMETIMES. But the kid doesn't classify as being abused, not accoring to DHS standards. Bloody bad parenting HELL YES. But as a high school teacher, I see kids coming and going into classes. They seem to be at school just enough for us to do nothing about it. Even when we do something it us basically a bluff warning letter to parents that probably goes to an address they stopped living at years ago. I DONT LIKE MY ADVICE SOMETIMES. Just be the best parents you can be when the kid is with you...